Port of San Francisco
Please note: Merchant ship arrivals are included to give an idea of the volume and type of goods into early San Francisco. If you had the money, you could have anything your heart desired. Listings are by no means complete; names of passengers on these vessels are often unavailable. Click here for passenger ship arrivals.
September 5, 1846, Californian: Arrivals since hoisting American Flag, July 9, 1846
- July 31: American ship Brooklyn, 230 passengers from New York via S. Islands, landed passengers and freight, and sailed for Bodega, and will touch at Monterey.
- August 26: American (Californian) Schooner Santa Cruz from Monterey and Santa Cruz; goes to San Jose to load and unload.
- August 26: U.S. Transport Erie, Lieut. Commander Turner, 31 days from Honolulu, stores for teh squadron.
- April 24, 1847: Barque Whiton, Capt. R. Gilson, for Oregon. Left New York November 15, 1846 for Oregon. Arrived San Francisco 148 days enroute to Oregon. Passengers: Rev. W. Roberts and family; Rev. J. H. Wilbur and daughter; E. F. Folger; C. L. Ross; Mr. Andrews; G. Wardell; Theadore McCall; Jas Wadsworth; Geo. Whitloy and Chas. Sexton.
- May 30, 1847: Chilian ship Confederacion, Jones, 58 days from Valparaiso. Passengers: Messrs Vallejo, Townsend, Wooster and others.
- June 1, 1847, Monterey: Columbus, Com. Biddle
- June 1, 1847, Monterey: Congress, Com Stockton
- June 1, 1847, Monterey: Warren, Commander Hull
- June 1, 1847, Monterey: Portsmouth, Commander Montgomery
- June 1, 1847, Monterey: Dale, Commander Selfridge
- June 1, 1847, Monterey: Lexington (Transport), Lieut. Comd'g Bailey
- June 1, 1847, Monterey: Erie (Transport), Lieut. Comd'g. Watson
- June 1, 1847, Monterey: U. S. Prize Sch. Julia, Lieut Selden
- June 1, 1847, Monterey: U. S. Prize Ship Admittance, Lt. Revere
- June 10: Brig Francisca, Lemoine, from Honolulu. Sailed from Honolulu on the 17th of May, heavy wind from N. E. up to Lat 35 degrees North. Assorted cargo to J. B. McClurg & Co., and to passengers on board. Passengers: Don Antonio Osio, family and servants, Mr. Lincoln and family, A. J. Ellis and family, R. T. Ridly, Esq., of this place, Messrs, Mitcheneu, Douglass, Maindreau, palmer and Story. Died on board the Francisca, June 6th, after a short illness, Isaac Lincoln (infant) in Lat 27, 80, N., Long 124, 25. Its body was committed to the deep on the 10th.
- July 3, 1847: Hawaiian Brig Euphemia, Russom, 30 days from Oahu, with passengers and mdse. Passengers: Hiram Grimes, lady, child and servant; Wm. H. Davis, supercargo; Mr. C. S. Lyman, and Mr. M. Griffin
- September 1, 1847: Brig Everline, S. T. Goodwin, from Boston 28th January last, and 27 days from Honolulu, S.I. Passengers: S. T. Goodwin from Boston. Mrs. C. A. Goodwin, Newburyport, Mass; H. Clark, Sueprcargo, Boston, Mass. F. S. Jewett, assistant do do. Wm. Hendric and Jacob Frankfort from Honolulu.
- September 24, 1847: Sch. Providence, Mitchel, 34 days from Honolulu. Passengers: John Dickson, Esq. and servant; John Ricord, Esq., late Attorney General S. I. Captain E. Von Pfister, William B. Morrison, C. E. Picket.
- November 19, 1847: Brigantine Currency Lass, M'Lean from Sandwich Islands with an assorted cargo. Consigned to Robert A. Parker. Passengers A. G. Abell, Esq. (or A. G. Apell); J. G. Christie; Messrs Blancard; Goss, Hammond; Harris; and Dorset.
- December 1, 1847: Ship Barnstable, Captain Hall, from leeward ports. Passengers: T. O. Larkin, Henry Mellus, H. F. Techermacher, E. L. Stetson