The Fyddeye Guide to America’s Lighthouses makes your travel planning easier by showing you hundreds of fascinating lighthouses you can visit today on the east coast, Great Lakes, Gulf Coast, and the west coast, including Alaska and Hawaii. From remote islands in Maine to the metropolises of southern California, you’ll discover the towering historic structures that have inspired travelers for millennia. You can get close to virtually all America’s lighthouses, and many allow you to climb to the top and stay as long as a month in historic buildings.
• More than 750 lighthouses, conveniently organized by coastal region and state
• Brief histories and complete contact information, including website, email address, and phone
• Three maps with suggested itineraries for discovering lighthouses in New England, Michigan, and California
• Notes on whether you can stay overnight on the lighthouse grounds, possibly in the keepers’ historic quarters
• Chapters on lightships and historic life-saving stations, including availability of overnight accommodations
• More than 40 images of lighthouses from coast to coast
With a foreword by leading New England lighthouse photographer Jeremy D’Entremont.